Saturday, November 18, 2006

About Me

I go by the name Grace on this site. Even after four or five years of writing write on the web, I still struggle with how much is right to say online about my life. So Grace is a pseudonym that allows me feel vaguely in control of what happens here.

I'm 34 and I live in Atlanta.

Atlanta is a decent place to be from. It is A City. Some suggest it doesn't have much personality. I just find its personality quite subtle. I work as a graphic designer. I'm grateful for my work; any day where I get paid to play with nice colors and fonts ends up being a pretty nice day.

A brief list of things you'll hear me discussing around here: (1) belief and meaning; (2) poetry; (3) photography and art; (4) the search for self; (5) Love, Beauty, Truth and the surprising ways they intersect.

I was raised as a Christian and was very involved in some sort of religious practice for my first 30 years, but currently I am not engaged in any sort of formal religious practice.

Things that help me make sense of the world include Ira Glass and This American Life; yoga classes down at the local YMCA; my amateur photography; the beauty of contradance; the poetry of people like Mary Oliver and Rainer Maria Rilke; the music of Andrew Bird and Rufus Wainwright; the writing of Annie Dillard and Anne Lamott. I have a great deal of faith in the healing power of words.

4 Comments:

  • Good to have you back, even if you do put us all to shame. I'm looking forward to making this one of my regular stops.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 PM  

  • Hi Grace I happened upon your blog as I searched for a quote by Rumi. Can you check out my blog and see if you wanna cross link. It's still being developed but it's pretty decent. Thanks, Kalavati.
    http:embark-livethelifeyoulove.com

    By Blogger Admin, at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home