Thursday, November 22, 2007

the gratitude list

Back at home after enjoying Thanksgiving dinner with my family in the Atlanta suburbs. It was a wonderful meal, with both my brothers attending. This year we were also joined by my boyfriend, Rob, and my brother's girlfriend, Ana, who made a couple of scrumptious side dishes for our feast.

It was a really good day.

Things I have loved or appreciated recently:

- The way Ana's entire face lights up when she is talking about food she loves. She gestures with her hands, her eyes widen, and you feel your own pulse quicken at the thought of potentially tasting the food she's describing.
- The chance to enjoy very good food with Ana and Scott... they are discriminating food-lovers with terrific taste in food. Dining out with them really tops my list of yummy and fun things to do. (Last night I took them to Feast and they really enjoyed it.)
- The way my parents have made such an effort to welcome Rob and Ana into their lives. My parents have three children. Two of those children chose partners and married, and both of those marriages ended. Clearly, this was not part of what they wanted for us. But they are rolling with it and finding a way to enjoy "Plan B."
- Being able to make a living doing things that I really like.
- Being able to take photos every day of things that interest me.
- Actually knowing what to do with the photos once I have taken them (really enjoying getting to know Lightroom right now).
- A growing sense of spaciousness and permission to explore my creative dreams. That sounds really corny, doesn't it? But it's true. I am really grateful for the opportunity to develop my creative sensibilities.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Reasons why I am grateful for Grace:

    1) She keeps on writing elegant, thoughtful prose even though I only comment once per year. She is one of my few journal mainstays, and I live in fear that one day her lovely site will be gone

    2) the poetry she posts always seems magically right for the mood I'm in, or for the mood that needs lifting

    3) she's honest and that makes me more honest, too

    Thanks.

    Megan

    3)

    By Blogger Megan, at 8:49 AM  

  • Thanks Megan. That made my day! (And I have no plans to quit the journal yet.) Thanks for reading.

    By Blogger romanlily, at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home